Post Top Ad

Monday 22 April 2019

Sleeping Giants Review

Hiya !
you’ll have to excuse me I’ve never written a review before!
So Sleeping giants by Sylvain Neuvel

I started off in the first couple of chapters convinced that I would not enjoy this book but within 50 pages I was loving it. I finished it within 5 hours I mean it is a bank holiday but still!

So the format is something that I found super interesting as each chapter is an interview between the voice of the book and one of the characters. At first  it's difficult to build a character up of someone who is not described or even given a personality to be shown until much later in the book but I realised it strangely didn't affect how I was viewing the plot and in the end I quite enjoyed the format but not sure it would work with any other story line!

While I feel like the Sci-finess of the plot is something that was a little guessable and how ultimately the human race is a pain in the arse I really enjoyed the twists that made this feel like something fresh and interesting.I had to keep on taking little breaks of excitement which is always a good sign for me!   

I'm definitely going to read the 2nd one !I would probably give maybe a 3.5/4 out of 5  !

Related image
byeeeee
Lauren
14:36 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad