Post Top Ad

Sunday 20 January 2019

The Ultimate Feel Good Sandwiches

Hello again my friends 
(I'm not a Disney villain promise)

 This week I'm  talking about perhaps my second most favourite thing in life ...food (my first being watching Netflix and avoiding life one box set at a time). None of this is healthy and I'm talking about the food not my lifestyle choices 

So being 19 and living in a shared house (sad times) I have no desire to spend more then £16 on food a week and not very much space either I basically live off pasta and poached eggs on toast (I'm taking a long hard look at my life now).My key requirements when making food boil down to three things 
1.Cheapness
2.Speediness  
3. How many pots it will take to cook (I have one saucepan)

Which is why these two sandwiches are the best after a careful narrowing down of failures. So without further ado lets go forth into the actual food 

Brie and Cranberry Bagel 

So I know none of this is groundbreaking but oh my goodness is it good. The melted  cheesiness, the wonderful combination of the bagel, the cranberry and the cheese. Almost god like.

I ate this for no joke about 2 and half weeks because I was gifted a wheel of Brie at Christmas and I'm not going to say no to free food (did later find out you can freeze cheese) 

 It feels super indulgent when really to make it 3 or 4 times it would cost around a fiver. However I would recommend eating vegetables as well so you don't submit to a cheese coma. 

Also 100% melt the cheese in the oven not the microwave ( I tried it that way once and it was very disappointing and led to soggy bagels) 





Fish Finger and Salad Cream   

Wow Lauren even more ground breaking I hear you cry. I know I know but I felt like this had to be on the same level as the Brie because its my hangover cure and comfort food in one  and anything of that sort of nature should be mentioned if your putting ultimate in the title. 

So four fish fingers (I'm hardcore like that), salt and vinegar (you need this believe me) and then dashings of salad ream and its simply amazing. 

This  sandwich is to me curling up on the sofa, being far too lazy and needing something yummy, hassle free and this my friends is it  


 
 Also its super hard taking an attractive picture of  a fish finger 

Farewell for another week, I hope you enjoy some unhealthy goodness in your life, body and spirit.

P.S. This week I must finish the book that's right future Lauren you know the one I mean. Its on here its totally been seen by the internet now its a commitment! 
Week 3/52
15:52 / by / 0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad